Zero day – no PCT miles
Today I awoke to the sound of rain and was glad to be streatched way out in a warm bed. Today was filled with errands in anticipation of departing tomorrow:
- Sort the food and supplies,
- Fill a box of excess food and supplies I no longer need,
- Talk with the local Rangers (both the San Bernardino Forest and San Jacinto Park Rangers) to find out trail and weather conditions,
- Find a bike store to get a bike tube repair kit to devour the Velcro tabs to my shoes that my gaiters connect to,
- Oh, and get another salad and beer!
I ran into Abi on my excursions — she arrived today and will take a zero tomorrow. I also ran into a fre more PCTers – were planning on meeting up for dinner.
My food bag, even trimmed is huge and heavy. Sigh. Tomorrow I hike a few thousand feet up the Devils Slide trail into the San Jacinto wilderness and trail conditions allowing, maybe summiting the peak.
This may be my last post for a few days, possibly until I reach Big Bear Lake.
Thanks for reading.